ConnectMiles PreferMembers get to experience the most highly-prized status benefits available to frequent travellers. Learn more about the many ways of upgrading cabin class on Copa Airlines and Star Alliance flights.
Complimentary Upgrades are exclusive for ConnectMiles PreferMembers.
On Copa Airlines
Once a ticket has been paid for, ConnectMiles lets members use miles to request Business Class upgrades on flights operated by Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia. Our ConnectMiles Upgrade Award requires both co-pay and miles, which are based on travel regions.
PreferMembers also enjoy the benefit of receiving a co-pay waiver.
Check out the pricing for your next upgrade con Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia:
On Star Alliance
Star Alliance Upgrade Awards (SAUA) lets ConnectMiles members use miles to request cabin upgrades on select flights with Star Alliance network partners.
Star Alliance Upgrade Awards are exclusively available for one-segment, one-cabin upgrades. Star Alliance Upgrade Awards are valid on participating carriers only, and only on flights marketed and operated by the same airline.
Upgrades on Star Alliance flights are not guaranteed, and they may not be available on all flights given that they rely on each carrier’s availability.
Eligible Booking Classes
|Operating Carrier||Economy to Business Class||Business to First Class|
|Air Canada||Y, B, O||-|
|Air China||G, Y, B||J, C, D|
|Air India||Y, B||C, D|
|Air New Zealand||U, E, O, Y, B||-|
|ANA||Y, B, E, G||C, Z, J, D|
|Asiana Airlines||Y, B||C, D|
|Austrian||Y, B, G, E||-|
|Avianca Brazil||Y, B||-|
|Brussels Airlines||Y, B||-|
|Croatia Airlines||Y, B||-|
|EgyptAir||Y, B||C, D|
|Ethiopian||Y, G, S, B||-|
|Eva Air||K, Y, B||-|
|LOT Polish Airlines||Y, B||-|
|Lufthansa||Y, B||G, E|
|Scandinavian Airline||Y, B, S||-|
|Shenzhen Airlines||Y, B, M, H||-|
|Singapore Airlines||For Aircraft Types with Premium Economy Cabin: S, T, P |
For Aircraft Types with no Premium Economy Cabin: Y, B
|U, C, J, Z|
|South African Airways||Domestic: Y, B, M |
International: Y, B
|Swiss||Y, B||J, C|
|TAP Portugal||Y, B||-|
|THAI||Y, B||C, D|
|Turkish Airlines||Y, B||-|
|United||B, M, H, Q, K, V, U, S, W, E, L, T, G, N||J, C, D, Z, P|
Or contact our Service Center.
- Upgrades are only valid on participating Star Alliance airlines.
- Codeshare flights are not eligible for Star Alliance Upgrade Awards.
- Agency discount, award tickets, and industry tickets may not apply for Star Alliance upgrade awards.
- Blackout periods may be imposed by some carriers.
- Upgrades may be requested until 24 hours prior to departure.
- Star Alliance Upgrade Awards may only be requested for up to four passengers per reservation.
- Your miles are deducted from your ConnectMiles account at time of reservation.
- Standby and Waitlisting is not permitted.
- Mileage accrual is based on the original ticketed booking class, not the upgraded service class.
- All flight-related requests should be made directly with the operating carrier.
- For changes or cancellations on your SAUA request, please contact the operating carrier.
- If a segment of your Star Alliance itinerary is canceled, the upgrade request will also be automatically canceled. Miles will be automatically re-deposited after the cancellation.
- Upgrades are not valid for passengers booked in a group reservation.
- Terms and conditions may apply.
PreferMembers must designate their companion at the airport during the check-in process. The companion will be added to the upgrade standby list at the airport.
- Companions will not be restricted to any specific class of service to be eligible for an upgrade.
- Companions upgrades are space-available and with the same priority as the PreferMember.
- If the companion is a PreferMember, the upgrade will be processed according to the highest PreferMember status level in the reservation.
Award Ticket Eligibility
Presidential PreferMembers who are flying Economy with tickets bought with miles on a Standard Award (G class) may be eligible for complementary upgrades depending on the availability of the flight, after finalizing the upgrade process of regular tickets.
*We recommend you verify the class of your miles ticket to confirm if your ticket is eligible for a complementary upgrade.
Terms & Conditions
Upgrades are subject to the availability on upgrade class (Z) and are not necessarily tied to actual capacity of the Business Class.
The award miles, qualifying miles, and qualifying segments earned are based on the fare class of the ticket originally purchased, not the upgraded class. Other restrictions may apply.
Terms and conditions and any other information are subject to change without prior notification.