ConnectMiles PreferMembers get to experience the most highly-prized status benefits available to frequent travellers. Learn more about the many ways of upgrading cabin class on Copa Airlines and Star Alliance flights.
Complimentary Upgrades are exclusive for ConnectMiles PreferMembers.
There are two types of upgrade certificates available for Platinum and Presidential that ConnectMiles awards: Connect Regional and Connect Global. You can use both to request an upgrade at your convenience, after your ticket has been issued. These upgrades depend on the availability on the upgrade class (Z) at the time of request. These certificates are exclusive benefits of our Platinum and Presidential PreferMembers.
Connect Regional Upgrades
Three (3) Connect Regional Upgrades are available to Platinum and Presidential PreferMembers from March 1st of every year they qualify and will be valid for one year.
The upgrades are valid on all Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia operated flights. Connect Regional Upgrades are also available on United-operated flights in the following regions:
|Canada||Oceania – Except (HNL) Honolulu to (GUM) Guam|
Connect Global Upgrades
Six (6) Connect Global Upgrades are exclusively available to Presidential Members. The upgrades are valid on all Copa Airlines, Copa Airlines Colombia, and on United-operated flights. Presidential PreferMembers will receive Connect Global Upgrade Certificates from March 1st of every year they qualify, and will be valid for one year.
To request an upgrade, the PreferMember must login to their ConnectMiles account and request the upgrade under “My Upgrades” section or contact the Service Center. A ticket must be previously issued in order to request an upgrade.
- Upgrades may be requested until 24 hours prior to departure.
- Upgrades are subject to the availability on the upgrade class (Z) and are not necessarily tied to actual capacity of the business class.
- The award miles, Prefer qualifying miles, and Prefer qualifying segments earned are based on the fare class of the ticket originally purchased, not the upgraded class. Other restrictions may apply.
- Upgrade certificates are valid for one segment; multiple certificates may need to be used to upgrade a complete itinerary.
- Terms and conditions and any other information are subject to change without prior notification.
- Award tickets are eligible for Connect Regional or Connect Global Upgrades.
- Connect Regional Upgrades are not valid on the following classes on United-operated flights: Z, P, S, T, K, L, G and N.
- Connect Global Upgrades are not valid on the following classes on United-operated flights: Z, P, S, T, K, L, G and N.
- Upgrades are invalid for passengers in a group reservation.
- Upgrade certificates can only be reinstated if there are changes in the flight itinerary or cancellations.